By Bertan Kazazic
By Srdjan Bajat
Really excited to show a render of the bootmod3 board undergoing firmware development. This board measures just 80mm by 50mm and already packs a heavy punch!
Board currently has multiple inputs (frequency and analog) and features CANBus integration and WiFi/BT for configurability. Rev2 of the board will also feature various outputs for activating/deactivating external aux systems (e.g. port injection, nitrous, etc), tuning it via tables integrated in the new bootmod3 editor.
Purpose of this board is to expand I/O capabilities of the factory engine computer (DME) and allow it to integrate with external sensors not already available on these cars (e.g. flex fuel sensor, meth flow/level sensor, port injection fuel injector duty, etc) and provide that data over CANBus to the DME for various tuning strategies. Any 3rd party products that support similar CANBus integration are also supported by bootmod3 (e.g. Zeitronix CANBus ECA2 flex sensor kit, etc). Integrating meth flow/tank level sensor data is a nice one and will allow for similar tuning strategies and failsafes as with flex fuel.
By Zanin Fazlic
In the previous video we demonstrated bootmod3's on-the-fly map switching using steering wheel controls allowing users to flash the car once and then select between any 4 maps that can be custom tuned to suit your modifications, octane and racing needs.
In this video we're demonstrating another new tuning feature that is in the works by the bootmod3 dev team called ANTILAG. To trigger it you simple press UP and hold on the cruise button on the left side of the steering wheel. While holding it, the DME switches to an internal antilag tuning strategy and tables where antilag RPM, ignition timing, accelerator pedal threshold, target load/boost and other values can be configured to dial it in as needed.
In this demo, vehicle is a 2015 BMW F80 M3, RPM is set to around 4k rpm, with accel pedal threshold at 100% (driver needs to go WOT to trigger it). In 1-2 seconds after triggering it, this car running ASR Kratos turbos, is able to hit 30psi! Lag goodbye! :)
We've added logic to ensure pressing the button UP on its own does not trigger ANTILAG mode until pedal and RPM thresholds are reached (both of which are tunable in the map). In addition, any of the 4 on-the-fly switchable maps can be set to have antilag enabled or disabled so the user can configure it to their needs (e.g. map1 no antilag, but map4 all the antilag/boost :)
bootmod3's rolling antilag feature is end user configurable from the app on-demand so any of its parameters can be altered on-demand while driving without turning the engine off and reflashing.
All the advanced tuning features such as map switching, antilag, flex fuel, are in progress of being ported as many if not all vehicles currently supported by bootmod3.
Hope you enjoy this video!
By Dzenan Becic
Exciting new update from the bootmod3 dev team!
For this new demo we've managed to move controls for map switching to the steering wheel cruise buttons. You activate it by pressing the Resume button, and switching among 4 map slots (expandable if needed at a future date) by using the up/down button that are typically used to increase/decrease speed when cruise control is active. OEM cruise control functionality remains in tact and map switching can be done with the engine off, on and while driving.
This video was done on our 2015 F80 M3 with the MEVD17.2.G DME and applies to all S55 engine vehicles. Support for these features is in progress for all other vehicle models bootmod3 supports today.
Enjoy the vid while we continue making progress with many other advanced tuning features such as BM3 FlexFuel, Antilag and many others. Cheers!
By Bertan Kazazic
We've added a new feature to enable users to selectively remove DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) on maps. In the cases of extensive hardware mods relating to the engine or its accessories there are times when its nice to turn off certain codes from coming up.
This DOES NOT in any way help resolve any mechanical issues one may be having. In some other cases, turning off a code will also not resolve an issue where additional custom tuning is necessary to fully address the problem.
However, in situations where the source/cause of a given code are well understood and users are comfortable turning it off to 'clean things up' this is a really neat feature to get that done.
By Bertan Kazazic
bootmod3 system update 0.10.093 is out along with the new OBD Agent. Changes include:
- Additional vehicle support
- Ability to datalog secondary DME on dual DME cars (e.g. S63tu, N63tu)
- Changes to datalogging configuration screen splitting Default and Other channels along with an Advanced tab for configuring RAM channels covering a large number of new channels across various software versions supported. "Advanced" tab isn't available outside of bm3 internal dev test cars just yet but will be open to a wider beta and public release very soon. More details to follow soon.
- Offline Mode menu item accessible while logged in to allow for easy toggle between online and offline modes while logged in
- Various minor UI updates and fixes
Number of other really cool tuning features are in the works and hoping to release them soon.
App releases to iOS App Store and Google Play store on the way!
By Bertan Kazazic
bootmod3 S58 release is now live!
Take your 2019+ BMW F97 F98 X3M X4M to new heights with our freshly released S58 OTS maps and custom tuning. Full custom tuning support with end user map configuration support available on macOS, Windows, iOS and Android. From stock to tuned in ~3mins, just seconds to switch maps, start here!
Shoutout and a huge thank you to everyone part of our S58 beta for outstanding work during dev and OTS map testing AIM Performance @bm3tuning european auto source.
For S58 software licensing and feature details including power gains click here.
By Dzenan Becic
- Updated 4bar TMAP support including an option to use 'ORIGINAL' for it (for custom tuning)
- Cold start (cat heating) map config change for MG1 Aurix cars B58-T0-C and B58-T0-D cars (Supra, G05 X5, etc).
- More DTC (trouble codes) English translations added
- Implemented a change to recoding the DME on MEVD cars (N13, N20, N55, S55, S63tu, N63tu), should remove need to Online Recode for good. Keeping the Online Recode button under Diagnostics still for the time being.
- Diagnostics -> Read codes, fixed issue with descriptions not showing up.
- Popup error that mentioned Needing full flash before recoding, resolved.
- Offline mode: Fixed menu items not showing up after last release's Help menu addition
- About Screen, reset settings button fix